Monday, December 31, 2007

The Dog Ate My Homework

Hey Guys! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I wanted to offer some excuses as to why I haven't even begun to think about a reading schedule for MSFM.

1) I haven't fished my book out of the big purple bin where it lives with other books I haven't read in a long time
2) I'm figuring out how to use my new iPod (I know I'm coming late to the party on the iPod front--I just never really wanted one before)
3) The Goose got very sick, so we have been stuck in Dallas not wanting to make her travel in her current condition--it's sad and she cries all day
4) We received season 3 of Arrested Development on DVD and have been catching up with the Bluthes
5) I'm putting off writing a memo for work and it's taking up a lot of room in my mind

Is that enough to get me off the hook? We are hopefully headed back home tomorrow, so I'll try to get something up by the end of the week. Have a great New Year!

6 comments:

Kris Tina said...

Well this is absolutely unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE! But even more unacceptable is Ross's apparent inability to sum up "For Whom the Bell Tolls." I admit it- I found the book horribly boring and am excited for something new.

Lily said...

Yeah, to be honest, I don't even know if a summary is necessary at this point....

I'll confess I couldn't handle more than a handful of pages of Hemingway's book. And then I got hung up on a bunch of random books at my parents' house over the holidays. Sorry for dropping the proverbial ball, guys! It's a new year though, right?

Todd said...

Yes, Lindy, it is a new year and you are certainly getting it off to a bad start. If you took half the time you waste coming up with excusses and doing other things and spent it coming up with reading assignments, you would have that done, the book read, and probably cured some really horrible disease. Instead you are just letting innocent people needlessly suffer. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Also, when you say you haven't fished the book out of a bin of other books you haven't read in a long time it makes me think you have already read this book. I hope I'm wrong (although I doubt it) becasue that would be cheating. Are you a cheater...are you Lindy? We have a right to know.

Kris Tina said...

Oh relax Todd. Cheating is only when you say you read the book and then really didn't. Duh - everyone knows that.

Lily - you didn't drop the ball - the book was junky. I keep reminding Ross he needs to make a post to sum up the book and try and convince us why Hemingway is so great. So far I think he hasn't done the post because he doesn't have any good arguments for Hemingway.

Todd said...

Lindy, I also don't understand how you can blame the dog for such a heinous act as eating your homework. Turkey wouldn't do that, but if he did we need to make him the Finer Things mascot. He now contains sensitive and classified information that we can not let him "release" into the public. It's important that we keep him closely gaurded within our inner circle of trust.

Lindy said...

Todd--thanks for reminding me of the valuable information that Turkey now "holds". We can never let him out of our sight again. Also, I HAVE read this book before--I believe it was the 9th grade. If you remember the details of books that you read in the 9th grade then, yes, I am cheating!