Monday, August 11, 2008

And We're Back...Right?

Um. I hope no one hates me – I have really dropped the book-club ball the last two months. But I'm back! And I've missed y'all. A huge thank you to Lindy, who was our last discussion leader. I loved Peace Like a River. It dealt with some serious subjects but in a way that brought resolution and hope. I like resolution and hope. So, way to go, Lindy!

As to the future, I think it would be better for all concerned – really just better for me – if we treat my dropping the ball as an unspoken agreement to take a summer recess. That will help me to shift some of the guilt that has taken up a determined residence on my shoulder and we can pick things up again in September, rested and relaxed and ready to go. That said, and with the assumption that everyone is still interested in doing this, I've gone to the hat for the September reading assignment and come back with Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, which means that Shana will be our discussion leader. I think this will be a great way to start our Fall Finer Things Semester. So, enjoy the rest of your summer recess and we'll see you in September!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay! We're back! Don't worry Abby--I think we have all been having summer vacation from the Finer Things as well.

Lily said...

Oh, this is going to be perfect. I so miss being a part of the "back to school" season, and now I can feel like I'm back in the scholastic groove. In a finer, relaxed, enjoyable, stress-free, and literary way, of course. Hope everyone has enjoyed their respective summers!